Instructions

Hello, Second Period!

For your ORB written assignment, I am requiring you to make three postings abou your ORB on this blog. You must choose three different options from the "blogging optins" handout (on First Class). I am looking for your commentary, which should make obvious why your ORB "educates your conscience."

Please, adhere to the expectations explained on the rubric (also on First Class).

Happy blogging!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time

Mason Conine
English 8-2
3/11/10
Acrostic

**Book spoiler**
C. Curious. Chris is always looking for another thing to read, watch, or just learn about. But, he is really interested in mathematics and space. He dreams of graduating from a collage in math and going on to be a astronaut.
H. Hope. Chris is hopeful in many ways. He hopes all the time that he finds out who killed Wellington, but more importantly he hopes that he finds his mother and gets to live with her. He wants to do this because he is afraid of his dad after he found that he had lied to him about his mom.
R. Read. Chris loves reading about the Apollo missions and a lot of other things. His reading advances his knowledge which he really enjoys. But with he disabilities he has a hard time reading and writing so he has his teacher to help him.
I. Independent. He shows how independent he is when he travels all the way to London by him self. This may not seem like much but you have to remember all the things that bother him that I have listed in my above post. He proves this when he says, "... I went to London on my own, and because I solved the mystery of Who Killed Wellington? and I found my mother and I was brave and I wrote a book and that means I can do anything" (221)
S. Safe. I think that Chris thought he was completely safe and in his own little world at the start of the book. But by the end of the book I think that he knows that he is part of the real world were he has to be on his own.
(Sorry I messed you the tittle of the book in my earlier post)

No comments:

Post a Comment