Instructions

Hello, Second Period!

For your ORB written assignment, I am requiring you to make three postings abou your ORB on this blog. You must choose three different options from the "blogging optins" handout (on First Class). I am looking for your commentary, which should make obvious why your ORB "educates your conscience."

Please, adhere to the expectations explained on the rubric (also on First Class).

Happy blogging!

Sunday, March 7, 2010

My Sister's Keeper (Character Sketch)

When I began to read this book Anna seemed selfish. It appeared she was stopping all treatment because she didn't want to help anymore and didn't even consider her sister's fate. Kate, her sister, asked Anna to stop the treatment because she didn't want to fight anymore and she knew it was time. In this situation Anna reminds me of my sister. I know she loves me and even though it would be tough I belive we would handle it the same way these sisters did. Anna taught me that when everyone is against you all it takes is a little faith and things start to smooth down. Anna was only making this sacrifice because her sister requested. Anna was well aware of Kate's fate but because of their bond and love she was willing to agree. "I was born for a very specific purpose...because I could save my sister, Kate"(8). This quote explains what Anna was going through. When Kate got sick Anna was the one who saved her. After Kate asked Anna to stop helping her with the treatments Anna knew Kate was going to die, because of her.

No comments:

Post a Comment